Be a Volunteer
Protectors of Animals is run entirely by dedicated volunteers. There are plenty of opportunities to help! POA volunteers are people like you, who love animals. If you can donate your time, your help will be gladly appreciated!
Volunteering takes many forms:
- Cat Rescue, Care and Placement
- Dog Rescue, Care and Placement
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Bringing animals to schools, community groups, and senior centers to talk about animal care and the importance of spaying and neutering
- Organization administration
- Providing Foster Care
- Younger then 18 can help by holding a tag sale, bake sale, school dance, car wash, etc.
Click HERE to fill-out and submit online volunteer application.
click here to download a printable version of volunteer application.
For more information call: 860-569-0722
We only accept shelter volunteers who are 18 or older -- no exceptions.
We do NOT accept:
- court ordered community service
- school project hours
- parent with child under 18
- less than a six month commitment
Donate to Us
There are many ways that you can donate to us. For our Donation Information please click here. Whether it is supplies or funds to help us cover operating expenses, your donation benefits the animals in our care 100%.